Copyright Information

© Robbie Pink, aka RobbyeFaye and You Read Write, 2010-2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Robbie, aka RobbyeFaye and You Read Write with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

© Robbie Pink, aka RobbyeFaye and You Read Write, 2010-2020

Monday, May 2, 2011

Reflections

What a juxtaposition of feelings.

The past few weeks have been an extremely emotional time for me.

The theft and vandalism of our home, the tornadoes here in Alabama and now Osama having been caught.

I'm beginning to get over the house, I'll never get over the tornadoes and cry continually whenever I see the devastation - such horror is mind numbing and unfathomable, especially for those of us living in Alabama - and now the news of Osama's death.

I have mixed emotions on his death. I  firmly believe in the death penalty, so in one sense; the news is great. Yet on the heels of the tornadoes and horrifying numbers of deaths, I almost wish he'd been captured and tried and then perhaps gotten the death penalty. However, nothing I can imagine would begin to pass the right kind of punishment or consequence onto Osama's head.

Then, my cynical side will kick in and ask, "Could this be as some say? It happened earlier but was held until a more strategic time. Could it perhaps be propaganda?" I really don't want to believe that it is anything other than what it is.

Perhaps, it's just late and I can't think straight.

Whatever it is, I am glad Osama himself is no longer a threat, though I fear for other threats this may open up.

Plus, I'm thrilled that the military may now be recognized for the heroes they truly, truly are and possibly, the Lord willing, they will be treated as such also.



 Find my new blog now at:



No comments:

Post a Comment